- Sep 11, 2013
Donkey Kong Country made in Dreams.
What is Creator Early Access?
Early Access won’t have everything that the full version of Dreams will, but you’ll get 100% of the same Dreams tools that we have used every day at MM to make our content. As well as fun, deep interactive tutorials catering for all skill sets and levels and Mm-crafted arcade games ready to play and remix. If you joined us during the beta period and published your assets, you’ll also have your beta creations to return to. Along the way, we’ll be adding more features, tutorials, arcade levels and assets during the Early Access period as we build towards the full slate of launch content.
Just like with LittleBigPlanet, we have always planned to evolve Dreams with the community and this is just the start. We’ll use Early Access to help us prioritize all the awesome stuff we’re already working on and get feedback as player needs develop and evolve. With refinements, bug fixes and brand new features on the way, we are kicking off the live service side of Dreams so the community can get their first look at how we’ll continue to support the game.
In Early Access, you can stream, entertain, teach, collaborate and share to your heart’s content.
Who is Early Access for?
Early Access is for creators who want to be part of the Dreams experience from the beginning. People who will create, play others creations, get involved in the social features of Dreams and give us feedback. If you are a creator, this is definitely for you. The Dreamiverse needs curators, tastemakers, and testers – this is a great opportunity to carve out your niche. The most important thing is to know that the Dreamiverse is going to form around you, so if that gets you excited, Early Access is for you. If you participated in the beta and felt like Dreams wasn’t fully featured enough for you yet, or you wanted more Media Molecule game content, then Early Access might not be for you. We’re working on all those things during this period so that you have everything you need on your first day in the Dreamiverse.
Dreams Early Access is a strictly limited release to ensure that we have a chance to listen to all of you, so be sure to snag your copy as soon as you can! Dreams Early Access will be available digitally through the PlayStation Store this spring, priced at $29.99 MSRP (+ applicable tax) in the US and $39.99 MSRP (+ applicable tax) in Canada.
We are very excited about going live this spring and updating you on all the magic happening in Mm Towers.
If you want to be the first to get notified on the Early Access live date, sign up here for updates.
Thank you in advance to everyone who will be coming on this journey with us.
I'm not signing up. Since it's limited access, I'm sure there's someone else that could make better use of the spot.
I'd probably get in, fart around for a while then move on. I am looking forward to the full release though.
So it is kinda of a game engine. Just having a play now. Wow you don't have to download other peoples creations? You can stream and play, that's cool!
I think it's unlikely to be terribly sharp because it is kinda like a point cloud, if I'm not mistaken. Clarity would require far more individual points. I think that's it. It's been a while since I looked at how the tech works.Ok Dreams is seriously a powerful piece of software, the only downside and I ain’t hating on it, is nearly everything I have seen made in Dreams, you can tell it was made in Dreams (yes including the PT remake)
I am only playing on normal PS4 at the moment (I have a PS4 Pro but not had chance to try it out on that yet) but the visuals look like a water colour painting and is slightly muddy/blurry, maybe it’s cos I am not on the Pro but can Dreams do hi res visuals or are they optimised to make it faster to run and easier for others to stream when they play other dreamers creations?
It’s a very very cool bit of kit and I am super Impressed.
Yeah thanks for replying. Out of the all the content I have looked at only a few stood out. Most is not very good, and I think re future content 90% will be mostly bad and the creative geniuses who get to grips with Dreams will be the other 10% of amazing creations.I think it's unlikely to be terribly sharp because it is kinda like a point cloud, if I'm not mistaken. Clarity would require far more individual points. I think that's it. It's been a while since I looked at how the tech works.
Yeah. I use Blender now, but I learned on 3ds Max. My issue is that as cool as that Dreams engine is- I can't see myself using time to learn and development there instead of unity or UE4... those have real, commercial application.Yeah thanks for replying. Out of the all the content I have looked at only a few stood out. Most is not very good, and I think re future content 90% will be mostly bad and the creative geniuses who get to grips with Dreams will be the other 10% of amazing creations.
If you have already used DCC like 3DS Max, C4D or Blender or a games engine like UE4 or Unity then I would prob say stick with that, BUT for casual users who never have experienced the latter then this would be a good stepping stone into the world of digital creation and games design.
Like I said I aint dissing Dreams as I think its fantastic and the hardcore community will more than likely do amazing things with it, but as I said in the above posts its gonna take a lot of work to get something decent.
I was thinking the exact same. I use UE4 and Blender atm. OT you using 2.8 yet? It’s amazing.Yeah. I use Blender now, but I learned on 3ds Max. My issue is that as cool as that Dreams engine is- I can't see myself using time to learn and development there instead of unity or UE4... those have real, commercial application.
Hell yeah I've got 2.8! EVEE and Left click for the win!!!I was thinking the exact same. I use UE4 and Blender atm. OT you using 2.8 yet? It’s amazing.
Back to Dreams, yeah for people that have never used a DCC or game engine and wanna get into designing a character, level, vehicle, game logic etc it’s bloody awesome.
I will prob do a few more tutorials and maybe make a basic level or short movie to test it out, but like you said I’d rather put that time into getting better with blender and UE4.
Yeah. Blender is amazing for open source software. I'm really keen on supporting these alternative software applications. Autodesk and Adobe NEED to be brought back to earth. Their pricing is ludicrous.I LOVE Blender, its amazing! Been playing around with UE4 as well which is also fantastic!