The Official Fortnite Battle Royale Thread...

  • Guest, I'm signing an executive order to make Courier the official sarcasm font on UnionVGF.

The Sunset Limited

Well-Known Member
BANNED!
Nov 1, 2017
2,456
283
960
That's it. I'm off the Musk bandwagon. Jeff Beezos is my new savior....

 

Swede

Well-Known Member
Mar 24, 2018
1,281
374
550
And here's why people need to drop what they're doing, and download this game tonight.

I just finished playing a game where me and my partner finished 38th out of 50 (not good). Here's the scenario we found ourselves in.

Me (equipped with a single rocket launcher) and my partner (equiped with only an M4) were on top of a mountain just outside of Flush Factory watching a single enemy loot the entire place by himself. Flush Factory can typically equip a 4 man squad with a decent amount of weapons, shields, and health packs so this guy's basically turning into a walking Santa Clause. We're perched 15 stories up, watching this idiot do all this work for us. There's only two routes to take out of Flush and they just so happen to pass by the mountain we're looking down from. The next circle pops up and it's located in just a way where our target could theoretically take either route. I say to my partner "There's a 65% chance he takes the route on the east and a 35% chance he goes north. I say we drop down and camp two bushes on the east route." My friend says "No, let's just stay up here, watch where he goes and follow him." This discussion continues for approximately 45 - 60 seconds until...our man starts heading east! We panic and try to drop down the back of the mountain in the hopes that we can set up before he reaches us. Time is such an issue at this point that both he and I drop so hurredly that we take 75% damage to our health (totally preventable). We drop at the same time but he drops maybe 15 yards east of me. I instantly hear a gun battle start which lasts two or three full seconds (which is good because my partner had to weaken the enemy) and sprint over to him. After a few seconds my boy goes down. This is totally fine as I'll just finish up what my friend started and get him back on his feet. Now I hear reloading which is great because I'm bunny hopping on top of a small hill looking for this guy who has to watch his character reload. He's absolutely screwed. Unfortunately, he jumps out of a bush five feet from me and I light him up with a pumpkin headed rocket. He dies. I die. My partner dies. Yelling and laughter ensue.

The amazing thing about these games (PUBG included) is that the engagements have so much flavor to them. They're absolute story telling factories. You can play for an hour and feel like you've just digitally played through 6 or 7 vastly different movie scenes. One moment you can be hiding in a house with a crappy weapon and you hear the door downstairs open. One set of footsteps come in. Another set of footsteps follow right behind. And all you're thinking is "Please don't come upstairs! Please don't come upstairs!"

Download this game people. Remember when Rocket League first came out and just started gaining traction? That's where we're at with the Battle Royale genre. Do not miss this.
Wow...
 

pravus

Well-Known Member
Cornerstone Member
Sep 11, 2013
5,961
2,248
12,630
Bumping this thread with an important message:


You've been warned.
 

The Sunset Limited

Well-Known Member
BANNED!
Nov 1, 2017
2,456
283
960
Looks like Battle Royale is about to get some new items.

Skiis, Zip Lines, and an Aeroplane.



This game just keeps on giving.
 

lowdru2k

TXB member 2002-2013
Sep 13, 2013
4,109
866
2,220
He’s dying inside.
 

lowdru2k

TXB member 2002-2013
Sep 13, 2013
4,109
866
2,220
Battlefield been doing dogfighting for years.

(Epic adds *new thing here*”)

“This is the greatest thing ever!!!!” - Sunset

Yawn.
 

The Sunset Limited

Well-Known Member
BANNED!
Nov 1, 2017
2,456
283
960
No, more like "Thank you Fortnite for leading the industry into the era of massive high frequency updates that keep our games fresh."

The next 10 years of gaming will be better because of Fortnite.
 

lowdru2k

TXB member 2002-2013
Sep 13, 2013
4,109
866
2,220
No, more like "Thank you Fortnite for leading the industry into the era of massive high frequency updates that keep our games fresh."

The next 10 years of gaming will be better because of Fortnite.
Games/MP games have been adding DLC and updates for years. Try again.
 

Swede

Well-Known Member
Mar 24, 2018
1,281
374
550
I'm still not getting it... are you getting paid by epic?
 

lowdru2k

TXB member 2002-2013
Sep 13, 2013
4,109
866
2,220
I'm still not getting it... are you getting paid by epic?
They give him free dance moves and player skins.

Gotta keep fighting the good fight on the interwebz. It is the GOTG in his fantasy.
 

The Sunset Limited

Well-Known Member
BANNED!
Nov 1, 2017
2,456
283
960
They give him free dance moves and player skins.

Gotta keep fighting the good fight on the interwebz. It is the GOTG in his fantasy.
Nah, lol.

I just think that if you could somehow quantify the amount of pure joy a video game has brought to an industry or people, if you could hook diodes up to everyone's head and measure the amount of total positive experiences it provides...Fortnite is probably the best game of all time, provided you account for it's time spent on the market.

It's not for everyone clearly, but by every objective measure it really has no equal.

I also find it entertaining to see people who don't jive with a game, attempt to discredit it at every turn. If you're a mature, somewhat intelligent adult, who's interested in where the industry is headed, there's no better way than understanding what makes Fortnite such a phenom. Can you imagine anyone at Sony, MS, EA etc...bringing up Fortnite at a board meeting and saying something like "Fortnite is just for kids everyone. It's only popular because it's free. There's nothing we can learn from it's meteoric rise."

I can't imagine that sentiment is echoing the halls of any relevant game company today.

So GotG? Easily.
 

lowdru2k

TXB member 2002-2013
Sep 13, 2013
4,109
866
2,220
Nah, lol.

I just think that if you could somehow quantify the amount of pure joy a video game has brought to an industry or people, if you could hook diodes up to everyone's head and measure the amount of total positive experiences it provides...Fortnite is probably the best game of all time, provided you account for it's time spent on the market.

It's not for everyone clearly, but by every objective measure it really has no equal.

I also find it entertaining to see people who don't jive with a game, attempt to discredit it at every turn. If you're a mature, somewhat intelligent adult, who's interested in where the industry is headed, there's no better way than understanding what makes Fortnite such a phenom. Can you imagine anyone at Sony, MS, EA etc...bringing up Fortnite at a board meeting and saying something like "Fortnite is just for kids everyone. It's only popular because it's free. There's nothing we can learn from it's meteoric rise."

I can't imagine that sentiment is echoing the halls of any relevant game company today.

So GotG? Easily.
Did not read.
 

lowdru2k

TXB member 2002-2013
Sep 13, 2013
4,109
866
2,220
Our problem is not with Fortnite itself the game is fine, it’s the way you act like everything the game does is the best thing ever and the game is the best game ever, it’s not. You act like a d bag about it all, but carry one.
 

Tentonhammer

Well-Known Member
Sep 11, 2013
938
208
510
Yo dudes...sorry to derail the Fortnite drama thread :), but have a question about Save the World (if any of you folks have it) and more particularly as it pertains to Xbox. So, I usually buy all the games and my son just shares them on my home Xbox. My question is, if I buy Save the World on my account, will my son have access to it? ...or is it Epic account locked?

Thanks ahead of time and if you answer, you can get back to more drama for your mama.
 

The Sunset Limited

Well-Known Member
BANNED!
Nov 1, 2017
2,456
283
960
Our problem is not with Fortnite itself the game is fine, it’s the way you act like everything the game does is the best thing ever and the game is the best game ever, it’s not. You act like a d bag about it all, but carry one.
It's one of, if not the single greatest games of all time. The honeymoon period is far from over and it's still putting a whollop on RDR2 and Black Ops 4. It's pure magic. Carry one, carry all. That's what I say.
 

starseeker

Your friendly Neighborhood Spiderman
Cornerstone Member
Sep 11, 2013
7,398
1,296
12,830
I don’t play MP pvp shooters. Last time I tried in Halo 3, and got my ego bruised. But I think fortnite does a lot of things right. No p2w, theme seasons, cosmetic that can be earn playing normally.

Importantly using the profit from it to support UE4 developers and the new exciting game launcher.